1. Due to the fact that I’m a writer and want all of my writings to be perfect, it usually takes me a brazilian years to finish these sorts of things.
2. I hate Utah in the winter. I know people think the scarves and hats and mittens are so cute and that it’s cool that amazing skiing is just an hour away from my house but I could care less. All it means is that I’m frozen 4 months out of the year.
3. I met Alex Trebeck once. (I don’t know how I got from hating UT in the winter to meeting Alex but there we are. )
4. Speaking of famous people … I was the one who nominated Gladys Knight and the Saints Unified Voices for the Grammy they won and no one even thanked me. I’m still a little bugged by that.
5. I served an 18-month mission for my Church in Washington state. Thus rainy days never get me down. They actually make me a little nostalgic.
6. I can’t wait to someday serve more missions. LOTS of them.
7. It bugs the crap out of me how people consistently throw Mormons under the bus without ever trying to understand what we actually believe and why.
8. I just signed up for a triathlon. I don’t know what I was thinking but I am NOT paying $100 for a t-shirt so I’ll either finish or die trying.
9. I sing (really well) and will someday record a CD, for no other reason than to do it.
10. I want to own a boutique/cafe.
11. In fact, my dream job would be … to be a singing boutique owner who writes books on the side and travels the world.
12. I love blogging because it’s an intimate look into how people live and present their worlds to others … it’s so interesting and often inspiring.
13. When the Olympic opening ceremonies are on and all the athletes are being announced, I usually have an atlas in my lap so I can look up where those countries are.
14. I almost joined the peace corp in college, but my mom freaked out so i didn’t.
15. I read the dictionary and love it. Mmmm … words … yummy!
16. My guilty pleasures include hip-hop dance movies. I LOVE ’em! (A few faves: Stomp the Yard, Brown Sugar, Honey, Drumline, Save the Last Dance)
17. I’m not in love with my Blackberry.
18. I drink a mug of herbal tea most nights before bed.
19. I live off of soup and grilled cheese sandwiches made on my George Foreman Grill in the winter.
20. I LOVE to bake/cook from scratch.
21. I’m going to turn 30 in a month and I can’t decide if i want to throw a huge party or take a sweet vacation. I thought I wanted a party, well–I ALWAYS want a party, but a vacation sounds SO nice right now.
22. Most of the time I’m fine with not being married yet, but every now and again (mostly when I think about how bad I want to be a mom) it’s not totally ok.
23. I graduated in print journalism from BYU and had always planned on going back to the east coast and writing for a travel magazine.
24. I used to have a sweet window view cubicle that overlooked Temple Square in downtown SLC. Now I have a crappy cubicle that faces the men’s bathroom. Moving our department was pointless and I’m still resentful.
25. I am not allowed to buy anything on iTunes this year (a self-imposed rule). I had to set the same rule a few years ago with infomercials and QVC. Although I highly recommend the miracle blade knife set.