Good Morning! If you’re finding me through Good Things Utah … Welcome! My site is a mixture of life, photography, creativity, and faith. If you’re interested, you can sign up on the mailing list (over there on the right) if you’d like to receive periodic emails with new ideas, tutorials, recipes, and sale coupons. You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, and the RSS feed here.
Today I demonstrated how to make these darling rolled fabric rosettes. They are so easy and quick! And once you get the hang of it, you can create dozens to adorn headbands, winter coats, earrings, clothing, pillows … anything!
And if you don’t want to make them yourself, visit the shop where all rosette accessories are 30% off through the end of the year (discount refunded after purchase).
fabric of any style, fabric glue, scissors
1. Cut a strip of fabric measuring 1.5″ wide and about 2′ long. Adjust this depending on the size of rosette you wish to make. i.e. make the fabric strip thinner and shorter for a tiny rosette or fatter and longer for a large rosette.
2. Tie a knot in one end of fabric strip.
3. While holding the knot in one hand, dab a line of glue on outer edge (of knot) and wrap the fabric strip around the knot, twisting the fabric every so often, and securing it to the glue.
4. Continue in this manner until about 1″ of the strip is left.
5. Glue end of strip to underside of rosette.
All done! Now just glue it to a pin back or headband and you’ve got a brand new, trendy accessory!