1. Sometimes I don’t answer my phone because I like my ringtones so much. [translation: I’m dancing and don’t pick up in time.]
2. I have the smelliest feet on the planet. No really. I do. Sometimes they even make me gag. Once upon a time I was a missionary serving on the rainy side of Washington state where it’s custom to take off your shoes when entering someone’s home. My prayer, every day for eighteen months, was: “Please Father. Please bless my feet not to smell too horribly today.” You think I’m kidding? I’m not. I’m as serious as my smelly feet.
3. I was Student Council President in 5th grade. My slogan was “Maurer Power is Student Power” which I puff-painted onto t-shirts for all my campaign workers. I still have mine. My competitor was Jody Reinsch. Her slogan was “Don’t Be Grody, Vote for Jody.” That was also the year I sang in a special school chorus called the “Travelers”. I also designed that t-shirt (sans the puff paint), and I also still have one of those in my possession too. And while we’re doling out 5th grade memories–I sang Gloria Estefan’s “1, 2, 3, 4 (Come on baby say you love me)” in the school talent show that year. I wore a a silky black one-piece jump-suit with a sparkly silver jacket that went to my knees. Oh and a side-ponytail. If you’re lucky, maybe someday I’ll post the video here. Highly unlikely. But you can dream.
4. I fiddle with my earrings/earlobe when I’m nervous.
5. I scare easily. It’s a trait Frit loves very much. At least once a day she hides and jumps out from random places around our house. Sometimes I slug her. One time I cried (it scared me SO bad I couldn’t even breathe). Usually I scream. And always she laughs. I’m really jumpy in movies too. I’ve even yelped in a theater because I was so startled by what happened on the screen.
Tell me: What’s one thing I don’t know about you?
Stay in touch…
Sign up on the email list –> over there on the right, near the top.