Ruffled bracelets are popping up everywhere! I think they are going to be a popular Spring fashion trend. Enjoy this easy tutorial and make your own.
1. Measure the length of the cuff, add 1/2″. Then decide how wide you want the cuff to be. Cut 2 pieces of base fabric based on those measurements. My cuff was 7 inches long and I decided on a base of about 7.5″ x 1.5″.
2. Multiply the length of the cuff by 3 or 4 (depending on how full you want the ruffle) and cut ruffle fabric. Width is your choice. Cut three strips of ruffle fabric. Mine were 24″ x 1″.
3. Take one of the ruffle strips and baste along one edge. Gather fabric into a ruffle.
- I personally love the unfinished/frayed edges on this cuff, but if that’s not your style, simply double the width of your ruffle strips, fold lengthwise, sew along long edge, turn right-side-out and iron flat.
- You could also use ruffled lace instead of fabric and bypass the basting all together.
- Instead of using one color of a single type of fabric for all three ruffles, mix it up. Mismatch colors and fabric types for an eclectic piece of jewelry.
Get more tutorials like this as well as other ideas, recipes, and inspiration by signing up for the newsletter (on the right at the top of the page).